Translate

April 6, 2010

Expectations

Let's talk about what it was like in Rwanda :) Here is kind of what I expected. We will talk about what it was REALLY like in a bit. I expected to see people dressed in african wraps and sandals living in something close to grass huts, going to the well for water. I expected to see guards in high profile places with big guns. I expected to see dirt roads with huge ruts and grass hills and valleys covering the land. I expected to be a minority there and for people to stare and be curious of me, especially since I was the only girl on the entire mission trip team :) I expected to encounter many snakes, spiders, and mosquitos! I expected to only be able to communicate with a few English speakers. I expected to melt and burn in the heat and sun since the country is basically on the equator. I expected devastated families from the genocide 15 years ago. I expected to still see the remnants from that disaster. I expected tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment